Sunday, September 15, 2013

1st try...not so well.

Well I didn't get to experience making jelly with my girlfriend yet. My daughter ended up getting a cold. But I did experiment with a few jars. Which I am very glad I did. Cause it didn't come out right.

I looked up a few different recipes to get an idea of where people were going with there jelly.  I ended up using a recipes off pickyourown.org. Great informational site. She mentioned to add a slight more sure jell to make it a bit thicker.  Well between doing that and letting it cook a minute or two too long, it came out like a rock when it set up.  She said to test, but how do you test when you need to let it cool on the spoon and you only have a minute to cook it in.  That is letting it boil with the sure jell.

So I am going to give it another try this week, hoping for the best. The few jars I did give to friends to try said it tasted great, after they put in microwave to loosen up. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment